Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I Love Lucy


Hi dolls!!! I hope everyone had a wonderful Labor Day weekend.  I have been wracking my brain over which topic would be next on the agenda and realized to kick this week off with 2 things I love - The 'I love Lucy Show' and fashion.  I start my morning off EVERY morning with watching Lucy.  In fact she works as my clock of sorts, because I know if Lucy goes off and Golden Girls (another classic I love) comes on then it's time for me to start heading out the door.  Who can resist watching a woman who would do almost anything to make you laugh!!?

I was talking to one of my darling brides I am working with and she totally loves Lucy so much that she is designing her wedding dress around Lucy's fashion.  We deemed her the quintessential housewife - with the sparkly dresses and sheer aprons Lucy was undoubtedly the most fashionable housewife around.  I always love to watch her whisk around the couch and watch  her long dresses sway with her as she tries to talk Ricky into being in the show. She broke barriers way before June Cleaver and essentially helped women everywhere to believe we could be more than just housewives by having more than 3 shows with her as the main character.  Every episode is memorable, but if I have to choose a favorite it would definitely have to be the Vitameatavegamin girl episode.  She did so well (I thought she had finally proved Ricky wrong)!  Only to become drunk off the product.  Though she was a city wife in the beginning as the show grew so did the Ricardo's, moving to Hollywood and eventually upstate New York into the country, which is my favorite Lucy show era.  The trouble she was able to find when she had a backyard - like losing her ring trying to build a bar-b-que pit in the backyard and talking Ethel into helping her take it apart - is truly priceless. 

So do you have a favorite episode or time of Lucy that you always crack a smile when you think of it? Let me know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment