Friday, October 14, 2011

Frugalistic Friday Find

Okay darlings here’s a little secret of mine…..I love a sale.  Adore, worship, drool for ….however you like to put it - if a sale is going on I am there!!  Don’t get me wrong I don’t mind paying full price for the classic Louis V or Kate Spade every now and again but you have to cut corners somewhere to scrap up that extra cash for those and a sale is where it’s at.  So one of my best lessons my mom ever taught me about shopping was to shop off season.  Now mom shopped so much while she was pregnant with me, my grandmother thought she would go into labor at the mall so her advice is golden.  This is when you definitely find the best deals.  So to prove a point, I figured I would share the little gem I found last week from Anthropologie.  This season I had my eye on one of the high-waist swimsuits, but my frugal mind couldn’t let me in good conscious pay such exorbitant prices ($95.00 and up for each piece!) on underwear that is meant to get wet!  So I held out and got a gem!!  I bought the baby below on sale for $60.00 total!! Did I mention I LOVE a deal??  Now of course no good thing comes without a little work, as only one piece of the swimsuit was showing online, so I gave Anthropologie customer service a call.  They told me that they did have both pieces in stock and guess what else? They gave me free shipping (heart skips a beat here)!!!  I can’t wait for next season to wear this.  Actually, I am thinking of taking a winter trip to somewhere warm this year to get a break from the NY winters and wear it then.  Either way this baby has some major plans ahead for it.  I decided to put together a little montage of one of the ways I plan on dressing it up.





Just a side note -  this Sunday I will be walking in the American Cancer Society Strides for Breast Cancer walk in Central Park.  I am dedicating this walk for a cousin who recently had her breast removed fighting the battle against breast cancer.  If you are in NY and would like to join our team please click here.  IT COSTS NOTHING TO PARTICIPATE!!!! ITS FREE!!!  Though if you would like to donate to the cause you can also visit the page and there is a link for that also.  Either way your support is appreciated!!  I will definitely share the pictures and stories from the day with you guys next week so please stay tuned!  






1 comment: