Friday, November 11, 2011

Frugalistic Friday Find: Robert Mondavi Moscato d'Oro

The holidays are quickly approaching and I wanted to share one of my favorite things.  Since earlier this week I spoke of my trip to wine country in Long Island I wanted to tell you all my staple wine which is always in my home.  It's from the California winery Robert Mondavi and it's their Moscato d'Oro.  2 years ago my mom and I took a trip to wine country in California and this is the one thing that came home with me and I still keep around.  Robert Mondavi has a special Moscato Wine club that sends 2 half bottles for $55 ($25 each and $5.00 shipping).  Of all the different types of Moscato on the market I stand by this being the best.  Everyone I serve it to always come over looking for more.  It's not overly sweet nor is it flat or has a tang that some Moscato have.  It has a slight carbonation to it which adds to the flavor, but not enough to make it sparkling or too bubbly.  It can be paired with deserts and cheeses but I always tend to drink it alone and enjoy the flavor all on its own.  The Moscato wine club doesn't show on their site, but if you call the winery they will happily enroll you!  If you have a favorite Moscato leave a comment and I will add it to my rack!



1 comment: