Friday, November 4, 2011

Frugalistic Friday Find: Winter Beauty Buy


Hi my dears!! So I have began my winter nesting process.  Yes, its early but who expected snow in October??!!  So think of me as Macy’s and how they start decorating for Christmas before Halloween and Thanksgiving even come around.  This process involves me putting together everything necessary for me to stay warm and survive the cold.  During winter my hardest battle is staying moisturized.  I mean I can put on lotion at 8 a.m. and by 10 a.m. the cracks in my skin start making their appearance liek potholes on the New York city streets.  Needless to say I keep an area in my closet stocked full of different moisturizers – Cetaphil, Eucerin, Johnson’s Baby Oil gel, St. Ives - you name it I got it.  After awhile the tab for these begin to add up, because as you may know most of the moisturizers for extreme skin run about $10 and higher per bottle.  Couple that with sometimes needing more than 2 applications in a day, keeping a full stock load becomes expensive.  This winter I think my staple will be Nivea Creme– the one you find in a tub.  The formula is a bit thick, but it doesn’t leave my skin greasy or oily which means no break outs.  In some stores it runs about $13, but Amazon has them at $9 for a 3 pack or  Wal-Mart carries them for online for $6 bucks a jar.  Also, last night I bought a mini tin of the creme for .99 cents at Target which is perfect to keep in your bag while you are on the go.


Have a winter beauty secret to stay moisturizer for the winter?  Share and let’s discuss!  I am always looking for new products!!


6 comments:

  1. Thanks Cris!! I tried baby oil but my skin just soaks it up. I will try olive oil and I also recently bought some coconut oil (lovely smell) and some grapeseed oil which is supposed to be great for sensitive skin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh olive oil? really?! hmmm gonna have to test that out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I share the winter skin issue! My poor skin is already taking the abuse. I will give this cream a try though :)

    p.s. Thanks so much for your comment on my little blog. Your blog is wonderful, so happy to have found you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I had a suggestion but I live in Florida, so... I do know that sugar scrubs are good for keeping your chapped lips smooth, though.

    ReplyDelete