Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Uggghhh…It snowed!!!


So my dears after 3 years of living in the city this belle still doesn’t have the strength to take winter like a big girl.  This weekend it snowed.  The end of October and there is white stuff on the ground!!!  I remember my first winter in New York it actually snowed in May – my birthday month!!  Never in my life would I have thought I would see snow in May.  So these past few years the cold weather and chills running through my body caused me to adapt to things I never had to before – a little brand called The North Face entered my closet, I learned how to scrape snow off a car without freezing my fingers off and layers became this belle’s best friend.  No matter how much I worked towards adapting to winter I have always managed to bypass on piece of gear I swore I would never let cover these little piggies - Uggs.  From the time I saw them on other people’s feet I thought it made them look like characters from the Flintstones’.  But this season I think I am giving up the battle after going through  2 pairs of snow boots and trying every combination of layering socks in rain boots with my toes always freezing before I make it to my destination.  The name itself describes how I feel about having to break down and get these – Uggggg (hhh) lol.  I am the first to admit I will put fashion out the window for warmth in the winter time, but Uggs mean I have hit rock bottom, this belle has been defeated and is throwing in the towel.  So to try and put a positive light on the situation I did some research for which Uggs would make me look a little less like an eskimo and more like the diva I am.  I decided that I would settle on a pair of Classic Cardy Convertible Sweater boot style Uggs.  I of course like that they can be worn 3 ways, but they don’t seem to carry the bulk that the classic Uggs do have. 

To make myself feel a little better I pulled up some photos of stars who wear their Uggs proudly, whether it’s with casual wear or a formal gown.  I guess in the end I will be in good company and I have a slight chance of still being fabulous on a cold winter's day.  



      {via}






 
        {via}


Another thing I have always wondered about with Uggs is how do they stay clean?  I mean after a New York morning commute even my Nikes are a little dusty, so how do you Uggers keep their Uggs clean? Also, are they really comfy and warm?  Let me know your thoughts and if you know of any cuter styles you would recommend.  Until next time – smooches xoxo.

4 comments:

  1. Love the Uggs! Embrace them...they will definitely keep you warm and cozy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uggs are warm, but don't hold up that well to the snow melt/slush of the winter. If you happen to be wearing them when it's actually snowing or the snow is melting slightly...you'll notice marks and stains on them that are kind of there forever. But I do own then and wear them every winter, just kind of take them for what they are.

    I did just buy a new pair of boots for this winter from Sperry, and really like them so far - they're sort of half rain boot half snow boot: http://www.sperrytopsider.com/store/SiteController/sperry/productdetails?productId=7-136240&stockNumber=9769720 .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Stephanie and Jessica.

    Jessica- I notice stains on alot of people's also but those Sperry's are nice!! May put them on my Christmas list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I know how you feel!!! I moved South to get away from the cold winters and shoveling snow! My last winter in Boston I bought some Uggs to keep my spirits up, but warning they are terrible on ICE!!! No traction at all. I wear them down here when it gets chilly but wouldn't wear them in slushy weather. You can buy some weather-proofing which will help keep them clean and I recommend you spray it on a lot, not just once for the whole winter. You should invest in some good waterproof, traction, warm boots.

    ReplyDelete