Thursday, February 23, 2012

Mardi Gras Mambo

So another Mardi Gras has come and passed without me.  The airlines raised ticket prices (outrageously) high, so I couldn’t go home to participate in the festivities.  And this year my mom didn’t send me a king cake (shipping costs went to $50) so I completely had no taste of Mardi Gras in the city this year. Ahh the troubles of living in a horrid economy.  Not being able to go home and catch me something didn’t stop me from throwing together a bit of Mardi Gras wedding inspiration.   




 There are so many traditions from home I would love to incorporate into any event – feathers, second-line band, bold, bright colors.  Like any great piece it can be dressed up or down.  Mardi Gras itself is a blend of glamorous times with ball gown and sequins, and comfy chic when its time to dress down and get in the crowd shout “throw me something mister.”  A theme of this nature is definitely for a person who always carries a party in their heart.




No comments:

Post a Comment