Thursday, March 15, 2012

Believing is Achieving

 WAIT!!??  It’s 75 degrees in NYC in MARCH!!!???  But I had sooooo many plans to do inside for winter, clean my closets, rearrange my bathrooms cabinets (way too many products), and even clear off my pc!!  Now you are telling me that I can go outside, sit in my backyard and enjoy the sun!!??  The irony is that last year I insisted that the snow and bitter cold wouldn’t keep me from being out and enjoying the world and I spent many days caught in snow and bone chilling winds.  This year I decided that I would go with the flow instead of trying to make my own path and what happens….the flow doesn’t go as I expect {shrugs shoulders}.  At the start of the year I made a New Year’s resolution that I would lose weight.  In effort to make this goal a complete reality I joined Weight Watchers.  Let me say by no means am I overweight.  I began WW at a mere 140 pounds and according to both WW and my doctor I was a healthy weight for my height and body type.  Of course having dreams of being a supermodel {I read way too many fashion magazines and my perception of reality is sometimes off} I felt my doctor nor WW knew what they are talking about.  I threw their professional opinions out the window {along with some of my sanity}.  Last summer I had a trainer and my weight was at 126 lbs.  I started my 8 week training  session with the goal of eating healthy and clean and I stuck with it until stress from work kicked in.  Mind you I was in a deep funk about my job at the time and was eating horribly {pringles, peanut butter and jelly, Kozy Shack rice pudding} and I still managed to lose weight.  After being on WW for the past 4 weeks I have lost 1lb a week.  This is with me counting ‘points’ and working out 3 times a week.   So I am currently at 136 pounds.  It’s not a miracle weight loss story but progress is being made.   You may ask   why not just get your trainer back if that worked well?  My trainer costs $1600 for about 12 sessions {you get what you pay for} and when I left that stressful job I had to leave the gym that she trains at.   for about 12 sessions {you get what you pay for} and when I left that stressful job I had to leave the gym that she trains at. So now I am stuck doing it for myself.  WW was offered for free with my job and I figured out the secret of how it works.  You starve the first 2 weeks and eventually your body gets so used to it that it becomes happy to just have the smallest amount of food put in your mouth.  Last week I stuck to my allocated WW points and had oatmeal for breakfast and a salad for lunch.  By time it came pole class started I had absolutely no energy!!  But who needs energy to when you are on a mission to be skinny right!!??  I am rethinking the WW because when I workout I do weight training and WW isn’t allowing me enough protein to maintain energy with my workouts.   

With every mission in life you need to specify a goal to help motivate and keep focus on the end results.  My final goal is to fit back into my pocket shorts.  I now have them hanging from my dresser so I can wake up and see my goal and go to bed at night remembering why I may be in pain for the moment.  I bought these last year and they fit PERFECT!!  You know those pair of shorts that you put on, head out to the beach and just let your legs catch some rays.  Pair it with the perfect pair of wedges and I am off to a barbeque.  They were just THE pair of shorts for me.  Now I can {barely} get in them and when I look at myself in the mirror I quickly say, “Please take these off and do not wear them outside and embarrass yourself into thinking you wouldn’t be a part of what not to wear.”  Wearing these shorts have officially become my end goal.  4 pounds down already and now I am focusing on toning this month.  Ultimate goal is to be back at 126 by the month of June.     



{personal photo}


So ladies, what are your ultimate goals for the summer?  Any item in your wardrobe you want to fitback into?  We can do it together!  Also, if you have been on WW before how did it work out for you?

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for sharing your weight loss goal! Honestly, I've been avoiding the thought of getting into a bikini all winter =P I've always worked out, but my diet has always been an issue, and so my weight tends to fluctuate a bit. Your post has motivated me to set my own goal for the summer though, so thank you!

    ReplyDelete