Friday, April 13, 2012

Fantasy Friday: Which Reality Couples Do You Like Best?

:

This Friday I want to take a break from reality and just step out a bit and use my imagination.  These days our televisions are bombarded with reality TV stars.  There are some outrageous housewives, looking for love bachelorettes and even a few very outspoken interior designers (the best is Jeff Lewis - if you don’t know him learn about him – HILARIOUS).  Though out of all the options my favorite to watch are the couples like Khloe and Lamar, Lala and Carmelo and Coco and Ice.  Before watching these shows I was one of the skeptics.  I easily believed that these marriages were all about the money.  Can you blame me?  Come on a Kardashian marries a basketball star was supposed to scream we are in love!!?? A former MTV VJ with no face time in years marries the star ball player of that year equals unconditional love?  Ice an ex rapper marrying a butt model with implant says this is going to last forever?  



 So yes, I gave a few eye rolls and probably mumbled about how everyone is getting married like kids eat candy.  I can admit when I am wrong, and after watching both of these shows I really love how they interact with each other and they sold me on believing in their love.  If you compare these couples’ shows to their predecessors,  like Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey or Kim Kardashian and Chris Humphries (and every other man she will probably be seen with this year),  I actually feel like I am not watching a train wreck in slow motion.  These seem like genuine couples who actually are navigating their way through marriage and all that life brings.  Plus, the show allows you to see a different side of these women that you would not expect from what is portrayed in the media.  Coco works out and cleans in stilettos!! Come on can you really say you have a friend bold enough to do that??  And Khloe ACTUALLY cooks and cleans her own house too (in regular shoes and comfy clothing)!!  I love real{ity} stars.  I guess the saying is true you can’t judge a book by its cover.  I watch these couples and they put a smile on my face and make me realize that old fashion, I’ll stick by you when times are tough and even when you say something not so bright love still exists.



So today I want you to think about the celebrity couple you would like to get to know best.  It can be a couple with or without a show.  Then tell me - Why did you choose this couple?  Do you think you can be their sidekick (the one who is always their ‘assistant’) or just their friend? Do you think they will last forever or is it just about having fun for the moment? 

I’m excited to hear what you guys will come up with!!  HAPPY FRIDAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment